The winners of four championship titles have been decided by Leighton Buzzard golfers in the space of a week, with a further two to be determined this coming weekend when more than 150 compete in a two-round shoot-out for gross and nett titles.
* It took 40 holes to determine the winner of Leighton’s Junior championship after defending champion and junior Captain George Stephenson and club colleague Theo Aurora completed their two rounds having each played 163 shots. They were both still tied after the playing the obligatory three extra holes, with Theo claiming the title by potting out for five on his fourth visit to the 18th green.
Alexander Olleson carded the lowest nett score to win the Handicap trophy, beating Charles Baines by a handful of shots.
The nine-hole winner was Joshua Thorne who beat Sam Harris by five shots.
* Rosalind Miles completed a hat-trick winning Leighton Ladies championship for a third time since joining the Plantation Road club three years ago. Rosalind, a former champion at her previous club, West Herts, completed her two rounds in 174, which included an impressive 40 shots to finish the last nine holes, to beat runner-up Christine Robinson by four shots, with Judy Ammon taking third place with 180.
The Ladies Handicap Cup for the best nett score was won by Stephanie Howlett, her first major trophy since joining the Leighton club six years ago. Stephanie finished with a nett 147, three shots clear of Gill Mcdougall who pipped champion Rosalind on countback after both finished with nett 150.
Christine Giles won the nine-hole competition, beating Barbara Deacon on countback after both finished with 24 points, a shot clear of Pauline Bell.
* A five-point putt on the last hole earned former rail boss Kevin O’Donoghue Leighton’s Past Captain’s trophy. It boosted his total score to 37 points, and as 22 of them were carded on the last nine holes, it earned him victory over immediate Past Captain Simon Rossiter on countback. It was the fourth time since he was Club Captain in 1993 that Kevin has won the trophy.
* Leighton Seniors had an impressive 6-1 inter-club match win over Silverstone, with victories by Paul Bishop and Robbie John, David Miles and Derek Browning, Richard Lancaster and Duncan Smith, David Roberts and Graham Avery, Keith Griffiths and Roy Virgee, and John Clavey and Mike Manning, with Harry Adam and David Newby halving their match.
* Leighton Buzzard golfers Alex Sandham and Jack Jones came within a shot of winning the Bedfordshire County fourball championship, losing to a South Beds pairing playing on their home course.
 Triple champion Rosalind Miles and Handicap Cup winner Stephanie Howlett.
 Ladies champion Rosalind Miles (left) Vice Captain Oonagh Russell and Handicap Cup winner Stephanie Howlett (right).